Tuesday, February 22, 2011

me

I'm not so comfortable doing layouts about myself, taking photos of myself or focusing on myself. So when the challenge came down from MemoryWorks to "Love Thyself" and scrapbook a layout about yourself to make sure you are included in your scrapbooks I had to work really hard to come up with an idea. The challenge leader focused on who she was in a note and I thought, ok, I can list my life, who I am(relationships), my qualities, my profession, my hobbies and likes. I created a background for my photo by writing them out. I was kind of glad to be finished with it so I could now focus on everyone else once again.
Since this is a layout about myself, I chose Basic Grey Marjolaine's collection featuring greens and blues, two of my favorite colors. I also added some solid Bazill. I grounded the title using journaling spots from the collection and some cardstock stickers and borders for embellishments. I punched scalloped circles from one of the papers and folded them to make petals for the flower, added a sparkly swirl and pearly brad and silver beads to finish it off. Who could argue with Popeye's "I yam what I yam, and tha's all what I yam" quote? I did that in Pink Paisley alphas. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kim said...

This is a great page, Jenn.

Rebecca said...

super cute! Thanks for following my blog, too!