Monday, March 23, 2009

vacation album

Here is an original album that I created to capture our memories from summer vacation. I passed it on to my daughter who had to leave early for a business trip so she could see the fun we had with her and with her daughter.

I started with 6x12 canvas boards from the art store. I inked, stamped, masked and stenciled the various designs and color onto the front and back covers. I sprayed the covers with Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels.

For the insides I created a stacked design with chipboard which I then covered with Black Market papers. They have an almost canvas or fabric feel to them, and I like the way the texture works with the canvas covers. I used Thickers, a favorite alpha in green felt that I enhanced with some pen work. Embellishments from my stash finish off the album which is bound with binder rings that have ribbons tied on for a little more color and panache.









No comments: