Friday, July 24, 2009






























These two layouts feature my husband's cousins once removed and twice removed (I think that's the right relationship, his cousin's son and his cousin's grandson). Not that the exact relationship matters. It's Kai and his son Marcus visiting from New York before Marcus heads off to Norway to be with his Besta's (grandparents) for a holiday and Kai moves to Jordan for his job.

The first layout of Kai and Marcus is very simple, Amy Butler paper, kraft colored card stock, cream colored card stock and scalloped circles from kraft stock and a magazine. The rub on is from Basic Grey and buttons from a jar. I wanted to keep it simple since the next page is pretty busy. They will sit side-by-side in my scrapbook.

The right side is Kai and me, both sporting our hairless heads. More Amy Butler paper. I cut some paper in somewhat triangular shaped strips, curled the edges and stapled them together, overlapping, then onto the page to make a mat for the photo. I cut corrugated cardboard with my Sizzex and peeled off the top layer. I then added some paint. Flowers are also from a Sizzex die, peeled and painted, then layered with flowers from my stash. I painted a border around the entire page and made some painted swipes in which I wrote my journaling.

Enjoy!

No comments: