Monday, May 30, 2011

a beautiful life

I created this layout for the May MemoryWorks challenge, Beauty in Bloom. We were challenged to create a layout that depicted beauty and included blooms. It took me a while to decide on the photo. I kept going back to the idea that beauty and life were connected. I finally decided that beauty is found in a well-lived life. This photo of my mother & father in law surrounded by their grandchildren, two grandsons by marriage and two granddaughters is proof that their lives are full and blessed.

I started with some of my favorite colors, blue and green, featured in this Basic Grey Marjolaine line. I used journaling pieces and pops from the Marjolaine accessories and Sassafrass glitter alphas. I started with layering a solid piece of cardstock on top of the patterned paper and then free-handed some flowers. I pierced holes and then pulled out needle and floss and sewed the flowers into the background. Once I hadded the matted photo I layered in the journaling shapes and popped up some of the flower stickers to finish off the layout. I really like how this layout turned out, and how it celebrates beauty.

No comments: