Thursday, January 31, 2013

delicious

I made this layout last fall when I traveled with my sister-in-law up to MA to meet up with our cousin for a weekend full of scrapping fun.  I decided to play with stencils and mists, layered flowers, distressed edges, and lots of layers and this was my result.


I used a couple of Donna Salazar papers from the Antiquities paper pad and layered on a butterfly stencil, followed with a spray of mist.  I used a Donna Salazar flower die and layered up all the sizes with some brads.  There's a kraft doily behind the flowers and under that lace and the corner is corseted with some bakers twine.  I threw in a rhinestone flourish and a grunge board flourish with some Stickles for shine.  

The photo is actually taken on one of my daily walks with my employer's dog, Charlie.  We take pretty much the same route every day and each day as I walked by I'd not just stop and smell the roses, I'd stop and drink in the scent.  I had to stop and take a photo to remember these delicious roses.

Get happy, get scrappy!

Jenn