Thursday, January 24, 2013

add a banner

 The January MemoryWorks Studio challenge is to add a banner to a layout.  I really like how the banners add to this layout.

I used Simple Stories Awesome papers and layered them up.  Two of the banners are chipboard from WRMemory Keepers and I layered the lower banner with a banner I cut myself with from solid cardstock.



I like saying good-by to cars that have served us well.  Maybe that's because we tend to hold onto our vehicles for as long as possible.  They are filled with memories.  I remember driving to Chicago in this truck, Jess & I to help JJ move out his furniture.  We had road-trip music and sang our way across the states.  Of course we had the sound track to "That Thing You Do", "Le Mis", "Chicago", and I don't remember what else.  We got bogged down in traffic but kept our spirits high by rocking out and dancing in our seats.  Fun.  I remember the numerous times we threw the kayaks in the back of the truck and headed out for a paddle.  See?  Lots of great memories.  I like using song lyrics for titles, it provides a sound track to the page.  I'll bet I have you all singing this tag line for at least a few minutes.  

Get happy, get scrappy!

Jenn



No comments: