Monday, December 16, 2013

December Daily Weekend Edition #2

December Daily post from the MemoryWorks blog... Once again craziness reigned supreme in my life.  Between shopping, cooking, decorating, celebrating, kid's Christmas programs and parties and a couple of inches of snow and ice I took a couple of photos to chronicle the madness-of-it-all.
Friday the 13th...bwahaha...

 I included a pocket here for cards.  I wanted a place to pop all those wonderful photo cards we receive from family and friends and even though they won't all have come on the 13th, it was an opportune spot for this pocket.

When I made my album I was aware of many of the activities we had planned for the month.  I knew for instance, that this weekend would be bookended by church events and I allowed extra space to include photos of those two events.


 
 As you'll quickly notice, I created my album assuming I'd have portrait style photos to pop on those conveniently placed 3x4" cards, but alas, that didn't happen.  No matter.  I just stacked the photos and popped on a stocking and rhinestone word embellishment.

I used a die cut page layered on a pattern paper page for fun and a wood veneer flourish with a holly sprig that I colored and added sequins to.



Shout out to my STARs, who performed their very first puppet show ever, on five weeks of lessons and        practice.  They did a wonderful job.



Saturday...snow and ice.  I decorated my tree, made a big pot of turkey soup and my husband and I went to a party with a white elephant gift exchange.  The box of hardware will be emptied and I'll use the compartments for scrappy organization but that snowman tray is going to find a new home...;)

I put embellishments on both the inside of the pockets as well as the outside.  These snowflakes were stamped, die cut and embellished with more sequins and adhered to the outside of the protector.


 Sunday--Week three of Advent, focused on joy.  The devotional materials are in one pocket.  The photos depict our annual church Christmas Celebration.  The room was packed out as usual, you could barely walk through.  The kids performed their program again and the STARs did their puppet presentation again. 

I love to repeat embellishments, especially in a theme mini, so you'll see lots of these snowflakes dropping down. 



Bonus!  I wanted to share this page topper I made.  Inspiration can be found everywhere.  From the first minute I saw the swag/banner decorations in Target I knew I was going to recreate the effect on a scrapbook page.  If you've shopped your local Target and looked up, you will have noted that there was mostly flat circles with a few 3-D circles mixed in.  I created that look, punching circles, folding them in half and gluing them together to create the 3-D circles.  I embossed some of the circles to add texture and interest. 


Be happy, get scrappy,

Jenn

No comments: