Monday, December 9, 2013

December Daily--Weekend Catch-up Edition

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend filled with holiday fun!  I sure did.  I'll start by backtracking to my December Daily set-up.
 

I started with a red-spined Sn@p binder, the pages and protectors inside and added to that the December Documented Sn@p pages.  I didn't end up using all the the pages from both sets, so I cut some up and am making good use of all my materials.  I added in the December Sn@p 3x4 cards, the December Documented Designer Cardstock pack, and December Documented Pockets pack along with the 6x6 pad and other bits and pieces from my stash.  I titled my Daily "Waiting for Christmas" to go along with the Advent devotional I'm doing this season.  I layered up papers from the 6x6 pad, cards and pockets with a doily from my stash and ribbon left over from MME Lush collection (which I used for my daughter's wedding album).  I inked everything of course, that's just my style.  I set up my pages thinking about my month, leaving extra space in weekend pages for the extra activities we enjoy then.


There a lot of bits and pieces sticking out, that's also my style.  :)

Onto the weekend.  As you'll see it was all about food and snow. 



I stamped all the day numbers with an old foam stamp set and punched them out with tag punches.  I used my Instax camera to take the pix so they could go right into the album.  


As you can see I've included my Advent devotion right into the pockets of my Daily.  It is important to me to remember the reason we celebrate Christmas and this devotional is helping me stay focused on that in the midst of the constant barrage of materialism this season brings.  It just so happened that this week's message in church mirrored the message in my devotion so I tucked the notes right into the pocket behind my devotion notes. 


I created this element by cutting a piece of cardstock 8 1/8" long, 3" wide and scored it at 4" and slid it right into the protector pocket, creating this little flap that allowed for an extra photo and journaling card.  I adhered a Sn@p pocket on the outside to tuck in the devotional notes. 

So that was my weekend.  What about yours?  Did you cook,  bake, decorate, shop, enjoy time with family and friends, or just enjoy some quiet time before the rush?  I pretty much hit all of the above, and love this crazy time of the year. 

Be happy, get scrappy!

Jenn

No comments: