Thursday, November 21, 2013

Heidi Swapp Mixed Company Blog Share

Heidi Swapp Mixed Company Blog Share
"The world is round so that friendship may encircle it"



Confession time.  I don't always read all the instructions.  When I do they go in one brain cell and out the other.  If I don't write it down I'm not responsible to remember.  I just had a birthday so I'm getting old.  All of these combined created my current conundrum.  

I was so excited to be included in this blog share.  I briefly read the instructions.  I got my box of goodies and it sat on my scrap table for days until I had time to open it up.  I was floored by all the product and goodies inside.  It was like Christmas.  Or my birthday.  ;) 

I immediately thought I'd use the paper with the circles as individual elements, and that the friendship quote would be perfect for the photos I took at retreat.  But I didn't write it down.                                                                                               

When I pulled out the pack of goodies during my crop circle time I got caught up in the folder and thought it would make a great mini-album, perfect for the photos from my husband's aunt's recent visit.  Imagine an 85 year old Norwegian woman traveling to the US to visit her 83 year old brother (my father-in-law).  She speaks very little English yet she traveled on her own to spend some time with him this past summer.  I want to be just like her when I grow up.  Adventurous.  I will blog that mini album one day.  

Meanwhile I finally got around to really reading the challenge and instructions for this blog share.  Simple enough:  Use something round!  Hmmm...nothing really round in that mini-album.  Now what?  I know!  I have some great photos from the retreat this summer and those circles would make great embellishments.  So without further ado:


I wish retreat could have lasted forever.  Well, for another week anyway.  Meeting some of the design team members I've worked with online was an experience I'll always remember.  They're even more fabulous in person.  I remember Gia saying my name and I barely recognized her!  Seeing Sheri in the hall and totally recognizing her.  Meeting Janey and Rosann and Meg, as well as many of the consultants whose names I only recognized from the studio.  I now count these women in my circle of friends and what better quote, papers and pix to go together.

 
In addition to the Heidi Swapp Mixed Company product--which includes the fun chevron background paper, the mistable Remember background paper, the mistable banner tag and the aforementioned "Good Times" sheet of circles I used a piece of Bazzil Shimmer cardstock, Heidi Swapp Color Shine mists in Mint Green and Gold, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, a Le Pen in teal and pieces from the blue blog candy bag that was in the box.  

I guess the circle motif comes out pretty well, huh?  lol  I went all out circles.  I even included the quote on the rim of my large blue circle.

So here's what you need to do.  Leave me a comment.  Make it a nice one.  ;)  Check out Jody Spiegelhoff,  Erica Thompson, and Gia Lau's blogs.  They've all created amazing projects with the Heidi Swapp Mixed Company product.  Leave them nice comments too.  Follow our blogs if you don't already.  Share the posts on Facebook.  Tweet them.  For every comment and follow and share you'll be entered into a drawing.  Gia has put together a really nice Holiday Tag kit for one lucky winner.  Looks something like this.
                                                   
                                                     Picture

Jody has some blog candy she's going to send out as well.  I hear it's sequins.  Who doesn't love sequins? 
So, in the words of my dearest, darling daughter, shake a tail-feather and check out the rest of the blogs.

Be happy, get scrappy,

Jenn




























22 comments:

Amanda said...

Very sweet, Jenn . Love the layout and the photos from the retreat! Great job !

ericarose said...

Love your projects Jenn! Your layout is fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us in this blog share! Your work is beautiful!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

I LOVED your story ~ the whole thing! You're so funny! And guess what? I can totally relate! Also, how WONDERFUL getting to actually meet your on-line design friends. I, too, have SO many that I'll never meet in person, and I would love to, soooooo badly. Your pages are absolutely wonderful!

I'm just hopping around and looking, but I'll, unfortunately, have to pass on following everyone's blogs :( I follow way too many already! but good luck on the contest, and again, wonderful pages!

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

Yay Jenn! I'm so happy you were able to join us this month! I love how you rocked out those circles and included your retreat photos! Amazing!

mccuja1 said...

Great layouts. All of you have done a great job!

Gia Lau said...

Jenn- your posts are always so authentic and funny-that's just one of many things I love about you. I was one of the lucky ones who got to hang with you at retreat and we did have a blast didn't we? I am so glad you got to join on this hop-and luckily for you I hate to read directions also which is why we really don't have too many of them for these blog shares lol. And you did awesome! Hugs and some more hugs!

JustYolie said...

How fun to meet up with online crafty friends!! Your layout is fantastic!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Lacey said...

Great layout and fun memory! Love how you used this on a two spread layout.

Kemi said...

These are fantastic!

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed that all on this hop "journaled" about their projects and their experience. I love the way you included your circle and wrote around it. Thanks for the great inspiration!

Cathie said...

Love how you got yo meet online friends. I wish I had bee at the retreat! Great layouts!

Stampin' Meg said...

Ohhh the green jello- I remember that! I know that you chose the peacock feathers distress ink just for me :-P
(I would have never known that you strayed from the directions-I think that your projects are just fab!)

Lynn said...

Great layout. Your photos really captured the fun of the retreat. I love the photo of you and Gia. Fantastic use of the circle element. This blog share rocks!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great LO love HS !! How fun to be able to meet up with friends...never been to a retreat....TFS

Jenn said...

It was a lot of fun Gaby. If you ever get the chance, GO! It was a stretch for me living on the East Coast traveling to UT and my husband had been laid off as often as he worked but we managed to pull it together. It was an experience I'll never forget

Jenn said...

Thanks Lynn!

Jenn said...

Thanks Erica. It was great fun! I'm so glad you invited me to at along.

Jenn & Erik said...

Your layouts were great. Love the colors.

Sam R said...

Beautiful layout! It looks like you had a great time at the retreat!

Sarah said...

I can totally relate to your story!! lol I just had my 4th baby and I think my brain has taken a permanent vacation!! I LOVE your layout! I think you definitely got the circles down!!

Tessa said...

Love the layout! And great story ;) I can relate! So glad you joined the blog share. I can't wait to see more of what everybody does in the future!

Kelly said...

Awesome LO, Jenn...I love a two pager!