Monday, September 15, 2008

Altered Art


On vacation this summer I had a chance to finally try out a kayak and I am sold! I have wanted a canoe forever but now a kayak has hit the top of my list. I went shopping yesterday to look at some basic recreational kayaks and hope to field test a couple soon.



Meanwhile, I have been working on a few projects. This is an altered art tabletop or desk "frame" that I made using an old game board as as a base. I dropped alcohol inks to create the splotches, tore ads from an old Life magazine and some paper scraps that were hanging around in my basket. On the "kiki" side I used felt Thickers alphas; distress crackle paint which I then dabbed over; crackle effects on the journal tag and an "idea-ology" pin. I made this into a two-sided piece by then decorating the opposite side with more ads, papers and inks. This time I used sepia accents around a couple of the photos; "idea-ology" fragments with alcohol inks and an arrow made from grungeboard which I painted with dabbers and wrote on with a white pen. I really like how it all turned out.


I've also used stamps, "idea-ology" adage tags and laid a thin coat of crackle effects over the distress crackle paint to sort of seal it without adding shine. Yes, I really do love my Tim Holtz supplies. These two events are my daughter's move-in day at college, her sophmore year, and Labor day with my niece, nephew and granddaughter.

Enjoy!

No comments: