Saturday, September 20, 2008

distress tag

Here's a tag I made awhile ago. I started with an ordinary shipping tag. I dripped alcohol inks on my craft sheet, spritzed water on it and laid the tag into the ink, a la Tim Holtz. I also crumpled up the tag and once I was happy with the inked background I started adding layers. There are some cutouts from collage papers(clock, dress form, ladies in hats), torn word from ad(chocolate) and then I added sepia accents to the dress form and glossy accents to the little pin on the dress form. I cut two flowers from a sizzex die and painted one with distress crackle paint. The second was inked, then dry embossed with a cuttlebug folder and inked again. They were combined with an ornate button I dug up somewhere. The elements were adhered with Mod Podge, a collage/altered artist's best friend. I love the way it all turned out.


No comments: